Many thanks to Keegan, SK and Vijay for some of the links.
- Six Reasons Why Chinese People Will Drive the Next Bull Market in Bitcoin from Quartz (total BS, in China very few of the exchanges are available without a VPN and 99% of the population doesn’t have a VPN).
- How I would manipulate the Bitcoin exchange market – and how a “Discrete Double Auction” could stop me from 24/7 Bitcoin Launchpad (put your tinfoil hat on, i think it is botnet owners who DDOS and then after the exchange crashes put in buy/sell orders first)
- Bitcoin From an Austro-Libertarian Perspective, Part I by Robert Murphy and Silas Barta (I went to college with Silas and am also friends with Robert; look forward to rest of series)
- Exchange rates — Inside the Bitcoin economy from The Economist
- Ask HN: Why would a government have created bitcoin? by Paul Graham (doubtful, i think “Satoshi” whoever he is, or whomever they are, really enjoyed Cryptonomicon and were inspired by the real history of how PGP was released…)
- OKCupid starts accepting Bitcoin using Coinbase! from Coinbase
- Coinsetter to bring leverage and shorting to bitcoin with $500,000 funding round from Coinsetter (clever way to hedge/short, rumored to go live in 1-2 months)
- This Pizza Cost $750,000 from Motherboard (wonder if there will be an echo boom in an alt currency like terracoins. doubt “ripple” can quantify (e.g. social capital) something that the chinese have been doing in their heads for millenia (guanxi))
- Ounce.me (how much does an ounce of pizza cost in different digital currencies)
- Marc Hochstein on bitcoin from Surprisingly Free (the GMU group/Mercatus podcast)
- Python Code to Connect to Mt. Gox API by Raffael Danielli (worked with Raffael at American Chamber last year, great guy, very clever)
Send to Kindle