The past several months have been pretty productive especially in terms of education.
For instance, my “Eight Things” article had over 100,000 views in its first week alone thanks largely to landing on the front page Hacker News and reshares on social media. I may write-up an article breaking down its reception at a later date.
And interestingly, one of my older articles from 2014 recently ended up on the front of /r/DataIsBeautiful generating 15k+ views over a couple of days.
Below are some of my outward facing appearances. If you’re interested in chatting about the topics below, feel free to reach me via Post Oak Labs.
- 「みずほは突然、実験完了を告げてきた」、R3の開発 者が語るCordaの成熟 from Nikkei published on August 23, 2017
- Tim Swanson examines Chinese ICOs and other blockchain-related iniquities from International Business Times UK on September 21, 2017
- Blockchains: How They Work and Why They’ll Change the World from IEEE Spectrum on September 28, 2017
- The Ether Review Final Episode (audio) from Ether Review on October 31, 2017 (and syndicated via Third Web)
- Coinbase IRS Battle: Legal Experts Weigh In from International Bussiness Times on December 1, 2017
- There’s an $814 Million Mystery Near the Heart of the Biggest Bitcoin Exchange from Bloomberg on December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin’s Wildest Rise Yet: 40% in 40 Hours from The Wall Street Journal on December 7, 2017
- Interview With Tim Swanson // Code Is Not Law (video) from Follow the Coin published on December 12, 2017
- Busting the Great Wall of Hype (audio and video) from Epicenter published on December 13, 2017
- Also covered by Bitcoin Magazine on December 22, 2017
- Bitcoin fever exposes crypto-market frailties from Reuters on December 14, 2017
- Japan and South Korea at heart of cryptocurrency fever from Financial Times on December 22, 2017
- Jamie Dimon from Coindesk on December 28, 2017
- Ep. 26. Holiday Interview Special – Tim Swanson (audio) from Blockchain Insider published on December 28, 2017
Cited and acknowledged
- Ethereum: Blockchains, Digital Assets, Smart Contracts, Decentralized Autonomous Organizations by Henning Diedrich on September 8, 2016
- P. Treleaven, R. Gendal Brown and D. Yang, “Blockchain Technology in Finance,” in Computer, vol. 50, no. 9, pp. 14-17, 2017. doi:10.1109/MC.2017.3571047
- Bitcoin, blockchain and ICOs: Confused? We explain from Journalist’s Resource on September 28, 2017
- Ritholtz’s Reads: Patent Wars, Coral Reefs and Reid Hoffman from Bloomberg View on October 7, 2017
- How to Master the Relevancy of Permissioned vs. Permissionless Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology? from Fujitsu on November 13, 2017
- Enterprise Blockchain is in a “Trough of Disillusionment” from Bitcoin Magazine on December 22, 2017
Panels and presentations
- Panel: “Future of decentralization: Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies, Tokens, ICO” hosted by Fenwick & West in Palo Alto on September 6, 2017 (video) (photos)
- Presentation: “DLT 101” hosted by VSee in Fremont on September 22, 2017 (photos) (photos)
- Panel: Bitcoin meetup – The China Update Panel hosted by World Crypto Network in San Francisco on September 26, 2017 (video)
- Panel: Virtual Roundtable: Blockchain Technology in Finance (audio) by IEEE Computer Society on September 28, 2017
- Panel: Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT): Emerging Trends and Real-world Cases (webinar) from BrightTALK on October 12, 2017
- Presentation: “Code is not law” hosted by Blockchain at Berkeley on November 13, 2017 (video)
Send to Kindle