There are a number of internal papers we published over the past several months that the R3 research team and I helped manage and edit.
- Chain Interoperability by Vitalik Buterin
- Survey of Confidentiality and Privacy Preserving Technologies for Blockchains by Danny Yang, Jack Gavigan, Zooko Wilcox-O’Hearn
- Fedcoin: A Central Bank-issued Cryptocurrency by JP Koning
- Bridging the Gap Between Investment Banking Architecture and Distributed Ledgers by Martin Walker
- CAD-coin versus Fedcoin by Rod Garratt
In addition, below are the various public / external activities and interactions I was involved with the past several months.
Events, panels, and presentations:
- Presentation: “The primary driver of blockchain / DLT solutions for financial services” on January 17, 2017 at CapGemini AIE with HSBC in San Francisco
- WSGR Fintech Conference: Current Issues Facing Fintech Companies and Investors on February 9, 2017 in San Mateo.
- Panel: Cross-border Fintech Issues
- Digital Transformation in FinTech from Orange Silicon Valley on February 16, 2017 in San Francisco.
- Panel: Blockchain for Banking (pictures and summary)
- Virtual question and answer session with the “Innovation and Cryptoventures” course at Duke University on February 21, 2017
- Bank Innovation 2017: Making Fintech Go on March 6, 2017 in San Jose.
- Panel: The Battle of the Blockchain Consortiums
- Presentation: “Code is not law” at the NYU course “Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies” on March 23, 2017 in NYC.
- Presentation: “DLT as FMI” on April 27, 2017 at CapGemini AIE with Grant Thornton in San Francisco (photo)
- OPEN Silicon Valley: Forum 2017 on April 29, 2017 in Santa Clara
Interviews and quotes:
- “중앙은행 발행 디지털화폐 조만간 세상에 선보일것” from Dong-A Ilbo on December 13, 2016
- China turns to blockchain to make markets clearer and cleaner from Reuters on January 26, 2017
- “Silicon Valley Tried to Upend Banks. Now It Works With Them.” from The New York Times on February 22, 2017
- R3: ‘Literally Nothing Has Changed’ from Bank Innovation on March 1, 2017
- ” 【铅笔独家专访R3】让人不禁驻足的R3最近又在做什么!” from ChainB on April 7, 2017.
- Blockchain, Bitcoin and VAT in the GCC: the Missing Trader Example (Part 2) from Bloomberg BNA on February 2, 2017
Send to Kindle
So far 2017 has been a great year for Cryptocurrencies and I just expect it to get better next year. Great blog post!