There are a number of internal papers we published over the past several months that the R3 research team and I helped manage and edit.
- Chain Interoperability by Vitalik Buterin
- Survey of Confidentiality and Privacy Preserving Technologies for Blockchains by Danny Yang, Jack Gavigan, Zooko Wilcox-O’Hearn
- Fedcoin: A Central Bank-issued Cryptocurrency by JP Koning
- Bridging the Gap Between Investment Banking Architecture and Distributed Ledgers by Martin Walker
- CAD-coin versus Fedcoin by Rod Garratt
In addition, below are the various public / external activities and interactions I was involved with the past several months.
Events, panels, and presentations:
- Presentation: “The primary driver of blockchain / DLT solutions for financial services” on January 17, 2017 at CapGemini AIE with HSBC in San Francisco
- WSGR Fintech Conference: Current Issues Facing Fintech Companies and Investors on February 9, 2017 in San Mateo.
- Panel: Cross-border Fintech Issues
- Digital Transformation in FinTech from Orange Silicon Valley on February 16, 2017 in San Francisco.
- Panel: Blockchain for Banking (pictures and summary)
- Virtual question and answer session with the “Innovation and Cryptoventures” course at Duke University on February 21, 2017
- Bank Innovation 2017: Making Fintech Go on March 6, 2017 in San Jose.
- Panel: The Battle of the Blockchain Consortiums
- Presentation: “Code is not law” at the NYU course “Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies” on March 23, 2017 in NYC.
- Presentation: “DLT as FMI” on April 27, 2017 at CapGemini AIE with Grant Thornton in San Francisco (photo)
- OPEN Silicon Valley: Forum 2017 on April 29, 2017 in Santa Clara
Interviews and quotes:
- “중앙은행 발행 디지털화폐 조만간 세상에 선보일것” from Dong-A Ilbo on December 13, 2016
- China turns to blockchain to make markets clearer and cleaner from Reuters on January 26, 2017
- “Silicon Valley Tried to Upend Banks. Now It Works With Them.” from The New York Times on February 22, 2017
- R3: ‘Literally Nothing Has Changed’ from Bank Innovation on March 1, 2017
- ” 【铅笔独家专访R3】让人不禁驻足的R3最近又在做什么!” from ChainB on April 7, 2017.
- Blockchain, Bitcoin and VAT in the GCC: the Missing Trader Example (Part 2) from Bloomberg BNA on February 2, 2017
Share the post "Activities for the first few months of 2017"
Send to Kindle
So far 2017 has been a great year for Cryptocurrencies and I just expect it to get better next year. Great blog post!