I received a lot of questions regarding my last post. Over the past month I have read a number of interesting interviews and articles that I think contribute a lot to the discussion.
Some additional perspectives:
- ICO Whitepaper Whitepaper by Stephen Palley
- Initial Soup Offering by Stephen Palley
- Research on ICO and Its Regulation by Yao Qian (PBOC)
- ASIC on Blockchain: Australia’s Securities Watchdog ‘Unlikely’ to Regulate ICOs from CoinDesk
- A rational take on cryptocurrencies from MultiChain
- Initial Coin Offerings: Where the SEC Might Stand from CoinDesk
And below is a panel of lawyers from the Token Summit a couple months ago discussing ICOs and token sales:
On July 25, the SEC published a new Investor Bulletin focused on ICOs and also published a report (pdf) detailing their position on ICOs, using The DAO as an example (which they noted violated several US securities laws).